3D Basics – What are Normals?
Face normals? Vertex normals? Flipped normals? Learn all about normals in this tutorial on 3D basics. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The basic definition of “normals”. Spoiler, it’s actually very simple.
- How normals are used to calculate shading
- How to visualize normals in the 3D View
- The difference between face normals and vertex normals
- How normals can become flipped or messed up, and how to fix them by recalculating them
- Different functions that normals are used for, like modifiers and particle emission
And as always, if you have any questions about the tutorial you can email me.