Procedural Carbon Fiber Shader
In this two-part Blender tutorial we’ll be building a fully procedural carbon fiber shader from start to finish. We’ll build a version compatible with Eevee and we’ll also build a more realistic version for Cycles that includes a reflection effect known as anisotrophy. This shader will include:
- Building a complex weave pattern that can be used for lots of different textures
- Creating a height map for the fibers that we’ll convert into a normal map
- Customizable options such as shadowing for the fibers
- Brushed metal texture finish with a clearcoat layer
- The ability to switch between 2 different weave patterns
And as always, if you have any questions about the tutorial you can email me.